Other Ways To Shrink Hemorrhoids
Some of the true and tested techniques for shrinking hemorrhoids include:
There are some foods that you should refrain from eating once you have an onset of hemorrhoids as well.
A list of those foods which should be avoided includes the following:
- Dairy products
Read Also: Why Do You Get Hemorrhoids
Lemon Juice To Get Rid Of Hemorrhoids Naturally
Lemon juice can also prove to be a very effective remedy when it comes at treating the hemorrhoids. It strengthens the blood vessel walls and the capillaries. You can apply the juice directly using a cotton ball. It brings tingling which is followed by relief in pain. There is one more way to use it:
- Take equal amount of lemon juice, ginger juice, mint juice and honey.
- Mix them well and have it daily.
- You will see the difference soon.
Piles That Have Escalated Into Severe Form Might Show The Following Symptoms
- Excessive and continuous bleeding from the anus as you pass the stool which might lead to anemia
- Infection in the affected area
- Difficulty in controlling the bowel movements
- Development of anal fistula which is a new channel that is created amidst the skin surface close to the anus and inside your anus.
- Development of strangulated hemorrhoid that doesnt get blood supply leading to a blood clot or infection spreading towards the inner parts of the body.
- Anus appears red.
- Plenty of water
Also Check: How To Get Internal Hemorrhoids To Go Away
Cure The Itch Burning And Swelling With Coconut Oil And Aloe Vera
Most of the patients with hemorrhoids experience severe itching and burning. External hemorrhoids patients can also feel the swelling in the anus.
Using coconut oil in the itching area relieves the condition and provides comfort. Also, aloe vera can be used on the burning areas to give a cool sensation. Both of them can be used alternatively.
Both of these can be consumed orally also to reduce the heat. In some medicines, increased body heat also causes hemorrhoids. Therefore, pure coconut oil and fresh aloe vera gel can be eaten to reduce body heat.
Medical Advice For Hemorrhoids
Wondering how to cure hemorrhoids naturally? Thats a good thing. Still, if you have a hemorrhoid, it is very important to consult with a physician. Call your internist or gastroenterologist for more information. Hopefully, the natural treatments for hemorrhoids that Ive outlined above will prove effective for you so that you can avoid having hemorrhoid surgery.
Also Check: How To Heal Hemorrhoids With Diet
Why Are Hemorrhoids More Prevalent During Pregnancy
The veins that run through the anus can expand due to increased blood supply to the pelvic area, as well as pressure from the larger uterus and growing fetus.
Additionally, constipation can cause hemorrhoids. Bowels slow down during pregnancy due to pregnancy hormones. When your stool is firm, the extra straining to get rid of it might put pressure on your rectal veins, causing them to swell and become irritated.
You’re more likely to get hemorrhoids during pregnancy if you had them before. Postpartum hemorrhoids can develop as a result of pressing during childbirth.
Say No To Constipation
Say No to Constipation to prevent Piles Home Remedies for constipation
One of the most common causes of Piles is Constipation Constipation is the slow movement of feces through the large intestine resulting in infrequent bowel movements and the passage of dry, hard stools.
Constipation, passing large stools , and straining at the toilet to increase the pressure in and around the veins in the anus seem to be a common reasons for piles to develop. Its better to avoid Constipation to prevent Piles.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of honey in 1/2 cup of warm water, and stir.
- Drink this mixture 2-3 times a day to relieve constipation.
- Include spinach in your diet.
- You can eat it either raw or cooked, depending on how you like it.
- Alternatively, drink a mixture of one-half glass of raw spinach juice and one-half glass of water, twice daily.
- Make sure to drink about eight to 10 glasses of water daily.
Recommended Reading: What Type Of Doctor To See For Hemorrhoids
Are There Natural Treatments For Hemorrhoids
First, some very good news: Neither type of hemorrhoid is dangerous, and severe complications that require medical care are rare. Symptoms often can be relieved by trying a few natural and self-care treatments.
- Draw a sitz bath. To relieve itching and irritation, fill a tub with three to four inches of warm water and sit in it with your knees bent for about 10 to 15 minutes. Gently pat yourself dry with a towel, but dont rub the area.
- Take fiber supplements. These draw water into your stool and make it easier to pass, helping to reduce hemorrhoid bleeding and inflammation. A psyllium husk fiber supplement, like Metamucil or a generic version, is a good choice. If psyllium causes gas or bloating, try a supplement with wheat dextrin or methylcellulose .
- Ease discomfort. Apply over-the-counter products that shrink the inflamed tissue and relieve itching. Try pads infused with witch hazel , or soothing creams that contain lidocaine, hydrocortisone, or phenylephrine .
You can also take steps to prevent flare-ups.
About the Author
What Is Prolapsed Hemorrhoid
Presence of one or multiple lumps around the anus and the anal opening are indications of prolapsed hemorrhoid. It is visible as a protruding and bulging lump coming out of the anal opening.
The lump is generally dark blue in color as it has accumulated blood or blood clots with swollen, inflamed blood vessels.
Chamomile oil is one of the best essential oil to relieve pain and inflammation, including hemorrhoid pain.
A 2014 report on many studies into the healing properties of chamomile essential oil found that it can be used to treat hemorrhoids. Topical preparations containing chamomile oil can reduce anal inflammation caused by hemorrhoids.10
Recommended Reading: Can You Get Hemorrhoids Removed
When Hemorrhoid Surgery May Be Necessary
Very few people fewer than 10 percent of all adults who see a doctor because of symptomatic hemorrhoids will require a surgical operation.
Surgery to remove hemorrhoids is called a hemorrhoidectomy.
Your doctor may recommend a hemorrhoidectomy if:
- You have large external hemorrhoids
- You have both internal and external hemorrhoids
- An internal hemorrhoid has prolapsed
In a hemorrhoidectomy, the doctor makes a small incision to remove the hemorrhoid and surrounding tissue before closing the wound with stitches.
A hemorrhoidectomy is performed in an operating room and can be done under general anesthesia, in which you are unconscious and unable to feel pain.
It can also be done with a spinal anesthetic block while you are awake , or with a combination of relaxing and sedating drugs given intravenously and a local anesthetic injected around the anus.
Hemorrhoidectomy is associated with postoperative pain, but the procedure is successful for 95 percent of cases.
More recently, another option aimed at avoiding the postoperative pain of a hemorrhoidectomy has become available, called a stapled hemorrhoidopexy. A circular stapling device pulls the hemorrhoidal tissue upward and to its normal position, stapling it in place. The staples eventually fall out over time.
There are many options for the treatment of hemorrhoids. Its best to discuss the benefits and risks of each of these with your doctor in order to come up with the treatment plan that is best for your particular case.
You Can Get Rid Of Hemorrhoids Fast And Naturally
As detailed throughout this article, it is important to know how to get rid of hemorrhoids fast.
Some of the best natural methods include an Epsom salt sitz bath, cold compress, aloe vera, witch hazel, coconut oil, horse chestnut, butchers broom, psyllium husk, and essential oils like cypress and helichrysum. It is also helpful to drink plenty of water and eat a high-fiber diet and fermented foods like kefir, sauerkraut, or kimchi.
Also, be sure to remember to practice a better toilet routine, including avoiding straining, prolonged sitting on the toilet, and constipation, while also cleaning yourself thoroughly. After all, bowel movements should be smooth and without strain.
You May Like: Can Hemorrhoids Cause Blood In Stool
Are There Home Remedies For Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids, also referred to as piles, are one of the most common problems in the general population. It is estimated that hemorrhoids will affect 75% of American adults at some point in their lifetime. They represent swollen veins in the area of the anus and rectum and can develop inside the rectum or below the skin of the anus . Common symptoms of hemorrhoids may include pain/discomfort, itching/irritation, rectal bleeding, and a swelling or lump near the anus. Embarrassment, fear of pain, and long recovery times are all common worries that prevent many individuals from seeking the treatment they need. As a result, many people with hemorrhoids opt for self-treatment with home remedies. Though the below remedies can help treat hemorrhoids, if you are suffering from this condition it is always better to first make an appointment with your physician!
Read Also: What Can I Do For Bleeding Hemorrhoids
Natural Ways To Treat Hemorrhoids At Home
1. Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is one of the best natural remedies around for a variety of ailments, and the same is true when it comes to hemorrhoid treatment. Soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and dab it on the affected area. You can do it a few times a day until the symptoms disappear, typically taking a few days. You can also sit in a sitz bath, and add half a cup of apple cider vinegar to it.
2. Rutin: This nutrient is found in a number of plants including oranges, grapefruit, lemon, cranberries, asparagus, and buckwheat, though you can purchase it as a supplement. Take 500 mg twice per day to relieve the symptoms and eliminate the hemorrhoids in about a week.
3. Coconut Oil: You can apply coconut oil directly to your hemorrhoids to offer relief from the itch and irritation. Softly rub it on with your hand or a cotton ball, rinse, and repeat. You should notice improvement within a few days.
4. Triphala: This is a traditional Ayurvedic remedy, found in health food stores as a supplement. This remedy can help regulate bowel movements and make them easier to pass, thus relieving hemorrhoid-causing pressure on the rectum and anus.
5. Aloe Vera: If you can handle the taste, taking a teaspoon of straight liquid aloe vera after meals can aid hemorrhoids by improving digestion. For soothing relief from the irritation of hemorrhoids and to promote healing, you can apply aloe vera to the affected area frequently.
Read Also: How To Feel For Hemorrhoids
How To Get Rid Of Hemorrhoids Fast And Methods Of Prevention:
How to get rid of hemorrhoids naturally fast and easy? Before reading the cure, certain ways are there which you can adopt to prevent such problems from happening. There are certain methods by which one can control the constipation and hemorrhoids from happening. Some of the key measures to prevent constipation and hemorrhoids are given below:
- Use of high fiber diet:
The diet which is rich in fiber will result in easy bowel movements and add bulk to the stools as well for their easy removal. Take lots of salad, fresh green and leafy vegetables in diet.
- Stay hydrated:
Water is absorbed from the stools by bacteria living in our large intestine and makes the stools harder. Taking plenty of water ensures that more water is available to keep the stools moisten. 2-3 liters of water can help you if you are looking for How to get rid of hemorrhoids fast and naturally.
- Exercise and physical activity:
Exercising is essential to ensure at least one or two bowel movements a day. Inactive life style therefore is thought to be linked to constipation and hemorrhoids. How to get rid of hemorrhoids fast? Well exercise regularly.
- Dont hold the stools for a long time:
Holding the stools for long time results in more absorption of water from the stools and hence stools get more hard and difficult to remove. It is therefore recommended to defecate as soon as you can once you get the reflex.
Causes Symptoms Of Piles And The Home Remedies To Cure It
Piles or Hemorrhoids constitute a collection of tissues near the anal canal that are inflamed. This area constitutes support tissue, blood vessels, muscle, along with elastic fibers. Symptoms of piles are mostly confusing as they can be closely associated with constipation.
Hemorrhoids show detectable symptoms in about 50% of patients affected by them below 50 years of age.
Hemorrhoids are called piles as well. When the veins in the anus and rectum are swallowed, it is called Hemorrhoids. It can be identified by itching, pain, and rectal bleeding. If these symptoms are inside the anus and rectum, then it is called internal Hemorrhoid, and if they are outside, then it is called external Hemorrhoids.
This is a very common disease, 75 percent of people face it. It can have very mild to severe effects. It can go away in a few days, but if you want to vanish it immediately, then you have to adopt home remedies to treat it.
You May Like: Does Preparation H Shrink External Hemorrhoids
When To Seek Medical Help
What Do You Do If A Hemorrhoid Is Bleeding
If you experience any rectal bleeding, then it is time to inform your doctor. While there is a good chance that it is from your hemorrhoids, it can also be a sign of something else in your body.
If your doctor determines that the bleeding is in fact from hemorrhoids, then it will likely subside within days, but you may need to address your diet and toilet habits in the meantime.
You May Like: How To Get Rid Of Hemorrhoids After Giving Birth
Recommended Reading: What Is The Best Remedy For Hemorrhoids
What Should I Eat With Hemorrhoids
Eating whole grains and other foods that are high in fiber can help ease symptoms of hemorrhoids, such as discomfort and swelling. These foods can also help prevent hemorrhoids from forming by making the stool bulky and softening it. This helps you avoid straining, which can lead to hemorrhoids. When you increase your fiber intake, you should do so gradually to lower your risk of having gas.
How To Get Rid Of Hemorrhoids Fast
Internal hemorrhoids are usually painless, while the external kind can be quite painful. Either way, there is often bleeding and you shouldnt have to suffer through that. That is why it is important to learn how to shrink hemorrhoids fast at home.
There are natural tips for how to get rid of piles without seeing a doctor. The following details how to get rid of hemorrhoids naturally with home remedies.
Don’t Miss: What Do They Do For Hemorrhoids
Final Thoughts On How To Get Rid Of Hemorrhoids
- Hemorrhoids are a very common anorectal condition that affects millions of people around the world.
- Enlarged hemorrhoids are often associated with symptoms such as itching, mucus discharge or bleeding. Bleeding happens when hard stool damages the thin walls of the blood vessels in hemorrhoids.
- Avoidance of constipation is key when trying to get rid of hemorrhoids. Its important that you dont strain while using the bathroom, dont sit for an excessive period of time and clean yourself thoroughly when finished.
- Foods and herbal supplements that help relieve constipation can alleviate the symptoms of hemorrhoids. A high-fiber diet and drinking plenty of fluids are the most helpful dietary changes that you can make when it comes to how to get rid of hemorrhoids.
- If non-medical treatments dont work, there are relatively painless procedures that can be done to treat hemorrhoids. For extreme cases, an outpatient surgery called a hemorrhoidectomy may be required.
When To See A Doctor
Doctors from the National Health Service advise that you always see a doctor for signs of rectal bleeding. Even though the majority of cases of pooping bloody stool are benign, you need to rule out more sinister causes for rectal bleeding.26
Also remember that rectal bleeding is one of the warning signs of colon cancer.
Another reason to visit your doctor for hemorrhoids is if home remedies dont help heal symptoms of enlarged hemorrhoids quickly. Doctors may recommend treatment to cure hemorrhoids for good and improve your quality of life.
Don’t Miss: What Cream To Buy For Hemorrhoids