When To Consult A Doctor
If piles are not going away even after trying out home remedies, a doctor must be consulted
If along with bloody stool, one is feeling dizziness, lightheadedness or fainting, it requires immediate medical treatment
Chronic blood loss can cause anaemia. So one must seek a doctor’s help in these cases
- A doctor’s aid is also recommended in case of rectal bleeding for the first time or if rectal bleeding increases
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a professional healthcare provider if you have any specific questions about any medical matter.
Get the Latest health news, healthy diet, weight loss, Yoga, and fitness tips, more updates on Times Now
Golden Herbs Used In Piles Treatment: A Concise Report
|Rajani Chauhan2, Km. Ruby1*, Jaya Dwivedi1|
|Corresponding Author: Km. Ruby E-Mail:|
|Received:08 October 2012 Accepted: 09 November 2012|
|Citation: Rajani Chauhan2, Km. Ruby1*, Jaya Dwivedi1 Golden Herbs used in Piles Treatment: A Concise Report Int. J. Drug Dev. & Res., October-December 2012, 4: 50-68|
|Copyright:© 2012 IJDDR, Km. Ruby et al. This is an open access paper distributed under the copyright agreement with Serials Publication, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.|
|Related article atPubmed,|
Visit for more related articles at
Other Ways To Shrink Hemorrhoids
Some of the true and tested techniques for shrinking hemorrhoids include:
There are some foods that you should refrain from eating once you have an onset of hemorrhoids as well.
A list of those foods which should be avoided includes the following:
- Dairy products
Read Also: What Can I Do To Help My Hemorrhoids
Side Effects And Risks
Coconut oil may cause upset of the digestive tract if your body isnt used to it. It can cause diarrhea, stomach cramps, or indigestion. Because of this, start with just a teaspoon of coconut oil per day and work your way up. Dont consume more than 3 tablespoons per day.
If your hemorrhoids have been caused by diarrhea, do not use coconut oil, as it may aggravate the diarrhea and make the hemorrhoids and their symptoms worse.
Coconut oil is safe for pregnant women to use to treat hemorrhoids, both topically and externally.
While coconut oil seems to be a safe alternative for other saturated fats and may lower bad cholesterol levels, more research is needed to evaluate how heart-healthy it is. Its high levels of saturated fat could theoretically increase risk of heart disease, despite claims that it can lower it.
Mechanism Of Alta Injection
Once ALTA is injected into hemorrhoids, blood flow to the hemorrhoids is interrupted, and a quick hemostatic effect and shrinkage of the hemorrhoids develop. With time, persistent fibrosis develops due to sterile inflammation then, adhesion and fixation of the mucosa and the submucosal layer to the muscular layer is promoted. Finally, bleeding and prolapse of the hemorrhoid disappear .
The mechanism of action of aluminum potassium sulfate and tannic acid injection. Submucosa at the superior pole of hemorrhoid. Submucosa in the central part of hemorrhoid. Mucous lamina propria in the central part of hemorrhoid. Submucosa at the inferior pole of hemorrhoid.
You May Like: What Can I Do At Home For Hemorrhoids
Southern Cross Medical Library
The purpose of the Southern Cross Medical Library is to provide information of a general nature to help you better understand certain medical conditions. Always seek specific medical advice for treatment appropriate to you. This information is not intended to relate specifically to insurance or healthcare services provided by Southern Cross. For more articles go to the Medical Library index page.
How To Get Rid Of Hemorrhoids Fast
This article was medically reviewed by Sarah Gehrke, RN, MS. Sarah Gehrke is a Registered Nurse and Licensed Massage Therapist in Texas. Sarah has over 10 years of experience teaching and practicing phlebotomy and intravenous therapy using physical, psychological, and emotional support. She received her Massage Therapist License from the Amarillo Massage Therapy Institute in 2008 and a M.S. in Nursing from the University of Phoenix in 2013.There are 16 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page.wikiHow marks an article as reader-approved once it receives enough positive feedback. This article received 22 testimonials and 94% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. This article has been viewed 1,930,838 times.
Hemorrhoids, while very painful, usually aren’t serious and tend to go away on their own. This wikiHow will give you some tips for quickly getting rid of them in a safe, easy way.
Don’t Miss: How Do I Stop My Hemorrhoids From Bleeding
What Are The Symptoms Of Piles
Piles symptoms can vary depending on the size, position and grade of the piles.
- Grade 1 are small swellings on the inside lining of the anal canal. They cannot be seen or felt from outside the opening of the back passage . Grade 1 piles are common. In some people they enlarge further to grade 2 or more.
- Grade 2 are larger. They may be partly pushed out from the anus when you go to the toilet, but quickly spring back inside again.
- Grade 3 hang out from the anus when you go to the toilet. You may feel one or more as small, soft lumps that hang from the anus. However, you can push them back inside the anus with a finger.
- Grade 4 permanently hang down from within the anus, and you cannot push them back inside. They sometimes become quite large.
Sometimes there are no symptoms and may not realise that you have any piles.
The most common piles symptom is bleeding after going to the toilet to pass stools . The blood is usually bright red and may be noticed on the toilet tissue, in the toilet pan or coating the stools.
A pile can hang down and can be felt outside the back passage. Often, it can be pushed back up after you have been to the toilet. However, more severe piles remain permanently prolapsed and cannot be pushed back up inside.
Don’t Make Things Worse
Bump up the fiber. It softens your stools and makes them move through your body more easily. You’ll find it in beans, whole-grain breads and cereals, and fresh fruits and veggies. You may also want to try a supplement if you can’t get enough from foods. Add fiber slowly to help avoid gas and bloating.
Drink lots of fluids. Stay well hydrated to keep stools soft so they’re easier to pass. Water is the best choice. Drink plenty throughout the day. Prune juice is a natural laxative and can help you go.
Exercise regularly. Even brisk walking 20-30 minutes every day can help keep you from getting stopped up.
Breathe! Keep the air moving in and out when you’re working hard. It’s common to hold your breath as you’re pushing, pulling, or making an effort — and that can lead to hemorrhoid pain and bleeding.
Use a pillow. Sit on a cushion instead of a hard surface. It will ease swelling for any hemorrhoids you have. It may also help prevent new ones from forming.
Take breaks. If you must sit for a long time, get up every hour and move around for at least 5 minutes.
Also Check: How To Shrink Swollen Hemorrhoids
Methods Of Alta Injection
Four-step injection of aluminum potassium sulfate and tannic acid .
Upon completion of ALTA injection, massage is done over the entire injected area by using the fingers in order to diffuse the ALTA solution evenly into all areas of the hemorrhoids. Regarding the timing of the massage, a one-time massage after finishing the injection for all hemorrhoids was recommended in the past, but nowadays, immediate massage is recommended upon completion of the 4 steps for every hemorrhoid in order to prevent complications such as rectal ulcers caused by local stagnation of the ALTA solution in the hemorrhoid .
From Earthcliniccom Users Describe Some Potential Side Effects Of Using Apple Cider Vinegar For Hemorrhoids:
I have tried apple cider vinegar undiluted using a cotton ball. The pain of the sting was excruciating but I thought I have to tolerate if I have to get any results. but the result I got was that the ACV burnt my skin and caused it to get infected.
ACV doesnt seem to be doing anything at all, other than making them more tender. Ive been applying to one hem to see if there was any improvement. Nothing after four days at all. Perhaps mine have just been there for too long.
I agree. I take ACV orally and tried it topically for hemmorhoid type problem. It was the worst thing I could ever have done. Intense burning and swelling caused a normally 3 day issue into an extreme 1 week issue in which sitting was almost impossible. If anyone tries this, I would be very careful and wash the ACV off with any sign of uncomfortable burn.
Don’t Miss: What Does It Feel Like To Have Hemorrhoids
Temporary & Natural Hemorrhoid Treatment
Hemorrhoids can be uncomfortable, causing symptoms such as bleeding, itching, swelling, soiling and prolapse. If youre among the three-quarters of the population who has experienced hemorrhoids, youre probably searching for some quick ways to get relief.
Apple cider vinegar is one of the most talked-about natural treatments for hemorrhoids.
ACV derives from fermented apple juice. Adding yeast to apple juice or crushed apples leads to the production of alcohol. After fermentation, the apple cider continues to rest, and bacteria eventually transform the alcohol in the cider into acetic acid, more commonly known as vinegar.
ACV contains about 5 or 6% acetic acid. While research on the topic is somewhat lacking, the acetic acid found in ACV could provide health benefits, including the supposed ability to provide relief from hemorrhoids.
Using any of the four methods weve outlined below, apple cider vinegar can reduce pain and discomfort in only a few weeks. However, while natural hemorrhoid treatments can help reduce symptoms, a treatment such as the CRH ORegan Hemorrhoid Banding System can remove hemorrhoids.
Whether youre considering a short-term solution like apple cider vinegar or a longer-lasting hemorrhoid treatment like hemorrhoid banding, proper medical care is essential. Please consult a medical professional before self-diagnosing your condition.
How Do I Shrink Hemorrhoids
Let’s talk about how you can shrink hemorrhoids. Most people go for a few common home remedies that seem to work fairly well.
Let’s take a look at some of the home remedies for shrinking hemorrhoids and see if they sound like something you might want to try.
You May Like: What Type Of Doctor Specializes In Hemorrhoids
Potential Risks Of Apple Cider Vinegar
Whether you are drinking it or applying it topically, apple cider vinegar can present some risks. Before you start using it for any reason, its a good idea to check with your doctor.Some potential drawbacks of ACV include the following.
- Could lower blood sugar levels too much: Some studies have suggested that ACV can lower blood sugar levels too much in people with either type of diabetes. For that reason, its a good idea to speak with your doctor before you start taking ACV tonics.
- Can irritate the stomach: ACV helps you feel full longer, but that can create an issue for some people. Additionally, since the vinegar is very acidic, drinking it undiluted can irritate the esophagus, causing similar symptoms to heartburn.
- May burn the skin: Though some people claim applying ACV directly to the skin helps soothe irritation and itching, others report that the acidic vinegar makes irritation worse or that its caused chemical burns. If youre not sure how your skin will react, you might want to apply ACV to a small test area before using it to get hemorrhoid relief.
Piles Home Remedies In Hindi
, , , , , , , , , , , , ,
, , , , ,
Recommended Reading: How To Get Rid Of Inner Hemorrhoids
Rectal Bleeding Tumors Colon Polyps And Other Causes
Tumors and polyps
Polyps: Lumps of tissue or polyps bulge out from the lining of the colon. Bleeding occurs when large polyps develop, which can be hereditary. Usually harmless, some types can be precancerous.
- Few people with tumor or polyps will have rectal bleeding. When bleeding does occur, it is usually slow, chronic, and minimal.
- If cancerous lesions are advanced, additional symptoms such as weight loss, a change in the caliber of stools, a sense of rectal fullness, or constipation may be experienced.
- Diagnosis requires evaluation with colonoscopy.
Trauma: Rectal bleeding from a traumatic cause is always a critical concern. Rectal damage from a gunshot wound or foreign body insertion can result in extensive infection or rapid and fatal blood loss. Prompt emergency evaluation is necessary.
Upper gastrointestinal source: A common source of rectal bleeding is bleeding from the upper gut, usually the stomach or duodenum. This can occur after someone has swallowed a foreign object that causes injury to the stomach lining, bleeding stomach ulcers, or Mallory-Weiss tears.
- Long-term, chronic alcohol consumption can also cause ulcers, esophageal varices, and gastritis. All of these upper GI tract problems can bleed so briskly that people may note blood in the stool or in the rectum.
Are There Natural Treatments For Hemorrhoids
First, some very good news: Neither type of hemorrhoid is dangerous, and severe complications that require medical care are rare. Symptoms often can be relieved by trying a few natural and self-care treatments.
- Draw a sitz bath. To relieve itching and irritation, fill a tub with three to four inches of warm water and sit in it with your knees bent for about 10 to 15 minutes. Gently pat yourself dry with a towel, but dont rub the area.
- Take fiber supplements. These draw water into your stool and make it easier to pass, helping to reduce hemorrhoid bleeding and inflammation. A psyllium husk fiber supplement, like Metamucil or a generic version, is a good choice. If psyllium causes gas or bloating, try a supplement with wheat dextrin or methylcellulose .
- Ease discomfort. Apply over-the-counter products that shrink the inflamed tissue and relieve itching. Try pads infused with witch hazel , or soothing creams that contain lidocaine, hydrocortisone, or phenylephrine .
You can also take steps to prevent flare-ups.
You May Like: What Should I Eat If I Have Hemorrhoids