Some Causes Of The Occurrence Of Hemorrhoids:
As you now know about the symptoms, you will be eager to know the reasons why this throbbing problem occurs. Below the reasons are given in brief:
How To Heal Hemorrhoids Without Surgery With Aromatherapy
Aromatherapy can be another solution for learning how to cure hemorrhoids without surgery, especially if essential oils such as peppermint or lemon oil are used. These products have calming and soothing effects, helping muscles relax, relieving anxiety and nervousness and improving respiration and blood flow.
A less stressed organism is less likely to develop hemorrhoids as blood pressure is maintained in normal limits and walls of blood vessels are stronger and healthier. Also, the digestive system works as it should, thus constipation and diarrhea are less likely to occur.
Respiration exercises can also help, as they reduce hypertension and relieve stress, relaxing the entire body just like aromatherapy does.
Questions To Ask Your Doctor
- Why do I have hemorrhoids?
- Are there any lifestyle changes I can do that can relieve or prevent hemorrhoids?
- I saw blood on toilet paper. Is this serious?
- Are having hemorrhoids a sign of another health condition?
- Will I always have hemorrhoids?
- Is there medicine I can take for hemorrhoids? Are there side effects?
You May Like: How To Treat External Hemorrhoids
Getting Rid Of Hemorrhoids Using Home Remedies
Home remedies are often ideal for relieving mild pain, inflammation caused by hemorrhoids as well as swelling. Some of the home treatment methods include
· Consuming food is rich in fiber. High fiber foods are essential when it comes to preventing constipation which is often associated with hemorrhoids. It is best to consume lots of fruits, whole grains, and vegetables. These foods will aid to soften your stool as well as increases its bulk hence avoiding straining, which might cause the symptom to worsen. Therefore adding fiber to your food on a regular basis will be best for you.
· Using the topical treatment. You might consider applying the counter suppository that contains hydrocortisone or hemorrhoid cream. Furthermore, you might consider using pads that contain hazel or various agents.
· Hydration. Drinking at least six glasses of water a day will aid in lowering the risk of hemorrhoids. Drinking enough amount of water helps in improving bowel movement thus preventing straining while in the toilet.
· Soaking in a warm bath or sitz bath. Soaking your anal in lukewarm water two to three times a day for approximately 10 to 15 minutes will aid in reducing pain associated with hemorrhoids. A sitz bath will fit over your toilet.
· Painkillers. To relieve discomfort associated with hemorrhoids, it will be best to use painkillers such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or acetaminophen.
Cold Compress To Reduce Hemorrhoid Pain Fast
Doctors from the Mayo Clinic recommend placing a cold compress on your anus to help get rid of hemorrhoid pain fast. The cold pack reduces swelling and restricts blood flow to the area and can help to shrink hemorrhoids. This helps to stop itching almost instantly and provide quick hemorrhoid pain relief.15
To find out how to make a cold compress to relieve hemorrhoid pain, please see my article on when to use cold compress for pain.
Read Also: What Helps With Hemorrhoids After Delivery
Using Natural Herbs To Shrink External Hemorrhoids
In spite of the fact that your strength at first of using basic herbs and way of life changes to have any significant effect on hemorrhoid swellings, the reality of the situation is that these basic techniques over the long term fabricated history of undisputed achievement in the prolapsed hemorrhoids treatment.
Natural herbs and a good lifestyle have recorded up to 96 percent cure rate of treating all types of hemorrhoids and these common techniques are natural without any side effects and they are not expensive
Recommended Reading: How To Get Rid Of Large Hemorrhoids
Temporary Hemorrhoid Treatment Options
Relief Using Hemorrhoid Creams
Hemorrhoid creams, such as those made by Tucks and Preparation H, are an appealing medicine to many people suffering from hemorrhoids as they can be purchased from the drugstore without a prescription and used in the privacy of the home. These creams typically contain a medicinal ingredient such as hydrocortisone along with a soothing agent to provide quick relief from hemorrhoid symptoms like itching and burning.
Whichever hemorrhoid cream you choose, it will have to be applied several times per day, especially in the morning and at night.
For External use:
Squeeze a small amount of the cream onto your finger and apply to the outside of the anus. Be sure to wash your hands thoroughly with warm soap and water before and after application or use a disposable glove or finger cot.
For Internal use:
If you do not see hemorrhoid relief from external application, some creams are able to be applied inside the anus. It is best to have a bowel movement before attempting to apply hemorrhoid cream this way.
Then, after thoroughly washing your hands, attach the rounded applicator tip to the cream tube. Gently squeeze the tube in order to in order to test the applicator to see how much ointment comes out. You want to aim for an amount that is similar to the length of the tip of your index finger.
What You Should Know About Hemorrhoid Creams Like Preparation H
Home Remedies for Hemorrhoids
Some examples of hemorrhoid home remedies include:
Don’t Miss: Is Vicks Vaporub Good For Hemorrhoids
Get Rid Of External Hemorrhoids In 48 Hours
Beyond lifestyle and diet, you can eradicate many hemorrhoids with natural medicines. Easy-to-find natural remedies include witch hazel extract, aloe vera, zinc oxide, and much more.
Cant get to the store? Try a good old-fashioned ice pack. An ice pack or a cold compress can relieve immediate discomfort. These are first-line defenses and are safe to use. Remember to read all labels and follow instructions.
Beyond natural remedies, you can try many safe over-the-counter and prescription products. Ointments, creams, suppositories, local anesthetics, and steroid treatments are all readily available. Reducing swelling can be a relatively painless process. Visit your pharmacy or drug store and speak with a pharmacist. Be sure to follow the advice and to read the instructions and warning labels on all medications.
How Can You Get Rid Of Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids relate to the inflammation of venous blood vessel present in the rectum area. They usually lead to intense pain coupled with soreness and itching. This is usually a widespread disorder touching both women and men. If youre a sufferer of this horrible health issue, you got to learn how to cure hemroid just before they go about doing way more trauma.
The very first thing you need to know is the fact that you can eliminate hemorrhoid distress, regardless of how horrendous they may be or if they happen to be exterior or interior piles. Reckoning on which kind of hemorrhoid flare ups you have got, your treatment solution is likely to be varied. Nonetheless, be assured that ultimately youll be able to acquire a method to eliminate them for good.
Lotions and creams this is certainly the initial step that folks will choose when attempting to treat hemorrhoidal inflammation. They visit the closest pharmacy and purchase just about any hemorrhoid product which claim to have the very best review on it. A number of these products might offer some pain relief to your hemroid nightmare. Then again, as they usually do not address the root causes, your piles issue will flare up again. Thus, regardless of what short term benefits you might derive now, you are going to lose eventually.
Don’t Miss: Who Is The Specialist For Hemorrhoids
What Are The Signs And Symptoms Of An Internal Or Prolapsed Hemorrhoid
Most often, internal hemorrhoids have no symptoms but are only found if there is bleeding with a bowel movement or if the hemorrhoid prolapses so that it can be felt outside of the anus. This may lead to itching and pain as well as the bleeding.
Prolapse of an internal hemorrhoid occurs when the internal hemorrhoids swell and extend from their location in the rectum through the anus. A prolapsed internal hemorrhoid:
- Can be felt as a lump outside the anus
- Can be gently pushed back through the anus, this may resolve the location of the hemorrhoid, but does not fix the hemorrhoid itself
- May enlarge and swell even more if it cannot be pushed back
- May become entrapped, which requires more urgent medical attention
Hemorrhoids may also cause anal itching , and a constant feeling of needing to have a bowel movement .
Internal hemorrhoid severity can be graded:
- Grade I: Prominent blood vessels with no prolapse
- Grade II: Prolapse with bearing down but with spontaneous reduction
- Grade III: Prolapse with bearing down but requiring manual reduction
- Grade IV: Prolapse with inability to manual reduction
What Causes Internal And External Hemorrhoids And Simple Ways To Treat Them
Hemorrhoids are usually caused by increased pressure due to pregnancy, being overweight, or straining during bowel movements. By midlife, hemorrhoids often become an ongoing complaint. By age 50, about half the population has experienced one or more of the classic symptoms, which include rectal pain, itching, bleeding, and possibly prolapse . Although hemorrhoids are rarely dangerous, they can be a recurrent and painful intrusion. Fortunately, there’s a lot we can do about hemorrhoids.
Read Also: What Can You Use For Hemorrhoids
You Can Get Rid Of Hemorrhoids Fast And Naturally
As detailed throughout this article, it is important to know how to get rid of hemorrhoids fast.
Some of the best natural methods include an Epsom salt sitz bath, cold compress, aloe vera, witch hazel, coconut oil, horse chestnut, butchers broom, psyllium husk, and essential oils like cypress and helichrysum. It is also helpful to drink plenty of water and eat a high-fiber diet and fermented foods like kefir, sauerkraut, or kimchi.
Also, be sure to remember to practice a better toilet routine, including avoiding straining, prolonged sitting on the toilet, and constipation, while also cleaning yourself thoroughly. After all, bowel movements should be smooth and without strain.
What Do External And Internal Hemorrhoids Look Like
Normal hemorrhoidal tissue cannot be seen since they must first swell and become inflamed or develop a clot to cause symptoms. One can see swollen external hemorrhoids or internal prolapsed hemorrhoids exposed outside the anus but internal hemorrhoids cannot be seen because they remain inside the anus. A thrombosed hemorrhoid will appear as a lump at the anal verge, protruding from the anus, and will be dark bluish in color because of the blood clot contained inside the swollen blood vessel. Non-thrombosed hemorrhoids will appear as a rubbery lump. Often more than one swollen hemorrhoid appears at the same time.
Also Check: Can You Get Rid Of Hemorrhoids Without Surgery
Apply Witch Hazel On The Hemorrhoids
One of the best ways to get rid of hemorrhoids fast is to apply witch hazel because of its astringent properties.
The book Herbal Medicine says that witch hazel contains high levels of tannins. These astringent compounds help to relieve hemorrhoid symptoms such as itching, irritation, and also soothe inflammation around the anus.4 Witch hazel is used topically to help reduce the size of hemorrhoids and alleviate the discomfort they cause.14
You can apply pure witch hazel to the hemorrhoid using a cotton ball to reduce pain and inflammation. Even if you have large hemorrhoids, witch hazel can help to soothe hemorrhoid pain faster.
Quick Read Why Do I Get Hemorrhoids
- Hemorrhoids, also called the piles, are swollen veins in your anus or rectum.
- They can cause pain, irritation and bleeding but sometimes have no symptoms.
- Repeated straining during bowel movements is a common cause.
- Piles usually go away on their own, but over-the-counter creams or sitz baths can help.
- Consume more water and fiber and avoid lingering on the toilet.
By the time you turn 50, more than half of your peers will have experienced hemorrhoids at least once in their lives, proving that misery does indeed love company.
Hemorrhoids are extremely common, says Ashley Schmaing, a physician assistant at the Gastroenterology Clinic at Harborview Medical Center. And even then, the true prevalence is unknown because not everyone reports them to their healthcare provider or can even tell that they have them.
Read Also: What Should You Do If You Have Hemorrhoids
Gradually Increase Your Fiber Intake
Most of us dont get in enough fiber everyday, but adding more high-fiber foods like beans, broccoli, whole grains, and fresh fruit to your diet can help you avoid constipation and stay regular. This in turn reduces the chances that youll find yourself straining and further irritating your hemorrhoids, says Dr. Thomas. Aim for 20 to 30 grams of fiber a day, and consider taking a fiber supplement that contains psyllium or methylcellulose to help you hit your daily goal. If youre typically low on fiber-rich foods, though, take your timesuddenly upping your intake may make you gassy.
How A Doctor Can Help
Doctors can recommend medical treatments and procedures that can reduce or get rid of hemorrhoids. Some of these procedures can be done right in a doctors office and involve very little discomfort.
- Medicated creams/ointments. If an OTC hemorrhoid cream isnt enough, doctors can prescribe stronger creams and ointments.
- Minimally-invasive procedures. There are some minimally-invasive procedures that a doctor can do in their office or in an ambulatory surgery center that typically doesnt require anesthesia or long recovery times. Some of these procedures include rubber band ligation, sclerotherapy injections, and laser/infrared coagulation treatments.
- Thrombectomy. For severe cases that develop blood clots and cause a lot of pain, your doctor can perform an external hemorrhoid thrombectomy to remove the hemorrhoid. Thrombectomies are most effective when performed no more than 72 hours after severe symptoms emerge.
- Surgery. There are several surgical options available when other treatments and procedures havent worked or if you have very large hemorrhoids. If youve struggled to find relief, talk to your doctor to learn if surgery is right for you.
You May Like: How To Treat Anus Hemorrhoids
Natural Treatment & Remedies:
Sometimes the pain of hemorrhoids becomes so irritating that it becomes difficult to stay in full consciousness. To find instant relief you need to undergo some natural remedies to ease yourself out in this awkward situation.
1. ICE CUBES:
You can use ice cubes. You can insert the ice cube in your anal to stop the swelling. This will give you a light relief from itching and burning also! It will help to shrink the hemorrhoids and will give you instant relief.
2. CLEAN THE HEMORRHOIDS AREA:
Clean up the anal area as much as possible. Every time you go to washroom, try to use warm water. And use mild soap to wash the area. Always use clean white clothes to dab the problematic area dry.
3. CHANGE YOUR UNDERGARMENTS:
If bleeding occurs frequently in the anal section you need to change the underwear or panties. The dirt can cause new dilemma in your hemorrhoids problem. You can use panty liners to avoid changing undergarments frequently. Obviously try to use the cotton panty liners which will help to soothe your irritation.
4. EFFECTIVE SITZ BATH:
This method is recommended by everyone. It is really an effective way to temporarily get rid of hemorrhoid pain. You can use your bath tub or you can buy one sitz bathtub which usually can be placed over the toilet sit.
5. APPLE CIDER VINEGAR:
7. TEA TREE & OLIVE OIL MIXTURE:
8. HONEY-LEMON- WATER SOLUTION:
Add one tsp of fresh lemon juice Add one tablespoon of honey
IS ITS TIME FOR MEDICATION?
What If A Hemorrhoid Won’t Go Away
Most people will get relief from at-home treatments. However, sometimes these remedies do not work, or don’t work well enough. In that case, there are treatments that the doctor can provide. These can range from pills to prescription creams to minimally invasive procedures, and even to hemorrhoid removal surgery.
Don’t Miss: Can Lidocaine Ointment Be Used For Hemorrhoids
Are There Natural Treatments For Hemorrhoids
First, some very good news: Neither type of hemorrhoid is dangerous, and severe complications that require medical care are rare. Symptoms often can be relieved by trying a few natural and self-care treatments.
- Draw a sitz bath. To relieve itching and irritation, fill a tub with three to four inches of warm water and sit in it with your knees bent for about 10 to 15 minutes. Gently pat yourself dry with a towel, but dont rub the area.
- Take fiber supplements. These draw water into your stool and make it easier to pass, helping to reduce hemorrhoid bleeding and inflammation. A psyllium husk fiber supplement, like Metamucil or a generic version, is a good choice. If psyllium causes gas or bloating, try a supplement with wheat dextrin or methylcellulose .
- Ease discomfort. Apply over-the-counter products that shrink the inflamed tissue and relieve itching. Try pads infused with witch hazel , or soothing creams that contain lidocaine, hydrocortisone, or phenylephrine .
You can also take steps to prevent flare-ups.
Apply Diluted Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has many uses in keeping your skin healthy, and helping skin fissures heal quickly is just one of them.
Although there is no scientific research on using apple cider vinegar for hemorrhoids, there is evidence that it helps reduce inflammation and kills bacteria. Research published in journal Medscape General Medicine found that the acetic acid in apple cider vinegar kills off various strains of bacteria.8
To use apple cider vinegar to get rid of hemorrhoid, dilute equal parts of raw apple cider vinegar with water. Soak the mixture in a cotton ball and apply to your anal area for quick relief from the discomfort caused by hemorrhoids. Use the apple cider vinegar hemorrhoid remedy every time after you use the bathroom.
You May Like: How Would I Know If I Have Hemorrhoids